Weekend Getaway

Home Forums General Discussion Weekend Getaway

Topic: Weekend Getaway

General Discussion June 25, 2013 at 8:26 am

Weekend Getaway

Hi –

I am looking for a spa in northern VA, central or western MD – about 1 hour drive from DC (give or take). I would like to treat my wife to a relaxing day for her birthday with a massage, some good food, maybe a pool to relax in for the day. Ideally it would be far enough from the city that we can leave all thoughts of work, house work, chores, etc behind and relax and clear our minds, yet close enough to make a one day trip.

I don’t really have a price range in mind yet, since I don’t have a good idea of what these should cost. Any ideas or suggestions from Popville are greatly appreciated!

Mr. BT

4 Replies Add Reply

I don’t have much spa experience for comparison, but my fiance and I did an over night trip to Turf Valley resort in Ellicott City for massages and dinner. They have a nice restaurant, Alexandria’s, on site and a very nice spa. They also have a pool that I’d image you could use without any problem.

Little further than an hour (about 1.5hr), but I loved my stay at Five Gables Inn & Spa in St. Michael’s. http://www.fivegables.com/

The Hyatt in Cambridge, MD has a nice spa and amenities. It is also close to St. Michael’s for a day-trip for shopping and restaurants. Nice golf course too.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or