Water Main Break – Hamilton and 9th Streets NW

Home Forums Public Safety Water Main Break – Hamilton and 9th Streets NW

Topic: Water Main Break – Hamilton and 9th Streets NW

Public Safety October 4, 2012 at 10:57 am

Water Main Break – Hamilton and 9th Streets NW

Has anyone received an explanation from DC Water regarding the water main break at the intersection of Hamilton and 9th Streets NW?  Water has been continuously coming up through the manhole cover for approximately 5  weeks.  Despite repeated calls to DC Water, I have yet to receive an explanation and the problem has yet to be fixed. 

6 Replies Add Reply

Is this the one at Illinois? I have seen it every day as well. Has it really been 5 weeks?

Been wondering what’s going on with that but wow, I didn’t realize it had been that long either.

That water line is being flushed by WASA. When you see these things, please call it in. Don’t just save it for the neighborhood blog.

I live right around the corner from there. I called DC Water’s emergency line when it first started, but they assured me it was a planned water line flush, and that its a commercial/industrial line so it’s not affecting the neighborhood water.

That being said, I can’t believe it’s been going on for over a month. I don’t even want to imagine the millions of gallons of water wasted.

I called about this about 3 weeks ago – here is the response – 

Thank you for reporting your question, concern, issue, or problem through http://www.dcwater.com
. The response is as follows:

Thank you for contacting DC Water.   We are aware of this matter. DC Water is draining an 24" main in the the area located on Georgia Avenue, Missouri Avenue & Rock Creek Ford Road, NW& 9th Street, Illinois Avenue & Hamilton Street, NW
Water is coming out of ground due to the 24" main draining.

Many times when the problem occurs, I need to call the DC water in emergency. But I want this problem to be fully solved.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or