Was your bike stolen on Election night within a few blocks of 11th and V?

Home Forums PoPville Was your bike stolen on Election night within a few blocks of 11th and V?

Topic: Was your bike stolen on Election night within a few blocks of 11th and V?

PoPville November 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Was your bike stolen on Election night within a few blocks of 11th and V?

l

We found an un-locked bike hidden behind bushes in front of our building this morning. It doesn’t belong to anyone in the building, and it seems like it may have been stolen and stashed there. If your bike was stolen last night near this area, post your email here with a description of the bike and I’ll let you know if it’s the one.

6 Replies Add Reply

WTF?! Give it to the police. Seriously. Now.

l

That was the plan but we didn’t see any obvious method of reporting stolen bikes other than 911 and know people don’t always call the cops about these things so thought we’d try this as well. But thanks for the advice.

yeah, call 911. they’re prepared for that. i called the 3rd District station about a backpack that was ‘dropped’ off in my back yard. they just transferred me to 911. 

Ever since 311 became the number for city services, 911 has been the number for ALL police-related calls, emergency or not.

Posting here isn’t a bad idea, but you should report the bike to the police too.  PoP is great, and it has a significant readership, but it’s by no means universally read.

l

The post on PoP was more pre-emptive than anything else. Dropped bike off at police station on V b/w 16th and 17th if anyone is looking for it. 

Can we give some advice in a civil manner  (e.g., Cool that you are trying to help someone out.  You should probably call the police) without attacking the person trying to do some good here?  Jeesh. 

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or