Ward 4 City Counsel Race

Home Forums Announcements Ward 4 City Counsel Race

Topic: Ward 4 City Counsel Race

Announcements March 30, 2015 at 3:23 pm

Ward 4 City Counsel Race

Signs knocking Brandon Todd, Muriel Bowser’s handpicked successor for City Counsel, as a ’No Show’
are popping up around Ward Four. Todd has been notably and routinely absent from large candidate forums hosted
by local civic organizations—arriving late, leaving early or skipping them all together. Hundreds
of civic minded voters have been left scratching their heads.

On Tueday March 24th, Todd was a no-show at a major debate at the People’s Congregational
Church on 13th St NW that was moderated by Colbert King. More than two hundred turned out for
the event, sponsored by ANCs from Carter Barron, Upper 16th St. and Crestwood neighborhoods.
“It was really disrespectful,” noted one offended voter. “ What kind of political leadership is this?”

At a previous candidates forum on March 18th at St. John’s School, Todd was more
than an hour late, keeping 300 people waiting to hear from him. On March 2nd, he
left an hour early from a forum at La Salle school.

The one time Republican is doing better, however, with fundraising in the business
community. He has more than $300,000 in the bank, eclipsing his opponents, with money flowing in from
developers, builders, medical interests and entities as far away as Florida.
Not bad for a 32 year old guy who’s only had one job: working for now mayor Muriel Bowser.

3 Replies Add Reply

I’m no fan of Brandon Todd, but something about this faux editorial/news release rubs me the wrong way. Anonymous negative campaigning from a rival candidate?

I wrote this posting, and I have a journalism background, and thus
it has that kind of faux-news release tone, for which I apologize.
I am not affiliated with any candidate, but am, rather, a league-of-women-
voters type who believes in due electoral process.
The candidates in this race that seem the most articulate and mature to me
are Renee Bowser, Doug Sloane and Dwayne Toliver. I don’t know for whom
I’ll vote, but it won’t be the callow Brandon Todd.

Fair enough. Thanks for the additional background, dhmcdc!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or