Walking a half marathon or 10miler

Home Forums Recreation and Sports Walking a half marathon or 10miler

Topic: Walking a half marathon or 10miler

Recreation and Sports February 27, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Walking a half marathon or 10miler

Any suggestions for local half marathons or ten milers that accommodate walkers? I currently can’t run due to health issues but would love to work towards a spring weather challenging walk….for charity or otherwise.

Ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated (:

2 Replies Add Reply

If you’re good with the idea of doing it for charity (and the fundraising that goes along with that!), I highly recommend Team in Training, which benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! I’ve run 2 half-marathons with them and found the group to be very motivating and the training excellent. For most half-marathons, they have a dedicated Walk Team that trains together with a coach and/or mentor who specialize in walking races.

If you contact them for information, they should be able to tell you if they plan on having a Walk Team for upcoming events. It depends on registration I’m sure.

Team Challenge, which benefits the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, is starting training this weekend– great team, all sorts of levels (from walk, to walk-run, to run), and a really fantastic charity and cause. I’m joining for my fourth season this spring, and there are some great races to choose from. More info here: http://www.ccteamchallenge.org/Chapters/washingtondcvirginia.htm

Do it! 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or