Venues (and participants) for craft workshops?

Home Forums Art Venues (and participants) for craft workshops?

Topic: Venues (and participants) for craft workshops?

Art March 30, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Venues (and participants) for craft workshops?

I’m trying to organize some arts-and-crafts workshops this spring and summer, but I’m not sure where to hold them, or how to find enough people who’d want to go. I’m pretty flexible on the kinds of activities– I can do anything from building miniature gardens to papercraft to knitting– and I can teach kids or adults, but I need a space and an audience. Can anyone recommend a good place to start?

3 Replies Add Reply

This question comes up roughly once a week – so, you can use the search option above to see ALL the previous suggestions (of which there are MANY) or, use Tabla Rasa in EM – my standard reply to this oft asked question.

you have many options, but if you don’t have your own mailing list built up already, my suggestion is to hook up with some arts organization of some sort.  In mount rainier, you could try talking to joes movement emporium, brentwood arts center, or the directors of the washington glass school, flux studios, or red dirt studios about teaching workshops there.  Mountpelier Arts Center or Greenbelt could be good options too. 
in DC, might be an option to talk with Capitol Hill Arts Workshop, Artspace in Shaw, Art Enables in Woodridge, or Pleasant Plains Workshop.  
Anyway, thats a handful of places to think about. good luck. 

First of all its a great idea to engage children and andult in to fun activity. If you would like to get people to be part of this activiy, create and event on facebook and promote it through your friends or groups. I wish good luck with your idea.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or