Turning down volume on crosswalk speakers on Connecticut Ave. NW

Home Forums General Discussion Turning down volume on crosswalk speakers on Connecticut Ave. NW

Topic: Turning down volume on crosswalk speakers on Connecticut Ave. NW

General Discussion January 7, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Turning down volume on crosswalk speakers on Connecticut Ave. NW

I live near Woodley Road and Connecticut Ave and have noticed that all of the crosswalk signals now have a speaker that says when the signal has changed, etc. Is there any way the volume on these things can be turned down at certain hours? I seriously hear these 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK. Don’t want to sound insensitive but I doubt there are any blind people out in the middle of the night who need to be told when it is safe to cross. I will write/call/do whatever! Can’t go to sleep and wake to the automated voice any more!! There is no need for the volume to be so high at all hours of the day. I’m used to the traffic and all of the other noises on Connecticut Ave but I don’t want to be able to hear the signal when I’m trying to sleep!! Please help!! 

2 Replies Add Reply

Call 311.  Email & tweet/facebook DDOT.  They’re responsive to this sort of thing. I got the one outside my home turned down within a few days.

Thank you!! I will definitely try that and report back! 

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or