Trusted dog-walker in Shaw for VERY shy rescue dog?

Home Forums Home and Garden Trusted dog-walker in Shaw for VERY shy rescue dog?

Topic: Trusted dog-walker in Shaw for VERY shy rescue dog?

Home and Garden April 5, 2013 at 12:20 am

Trusted dog-walker in Shaw for VERY shy rescue dog?

We have a very shy, wonderful rescue dog who is terrified of strangers, not aggressive at all, but takes a long time to warm up to strangers. We’re looking to get her bonded with a regular dog-walker who can also pet sit while we’re on vacations- including for our two cats, so holidays, etc. We wondered if anyone in the Shaw neighborhood had particular recommendations for a female dog-walker who is great with really fearful dogs (and can also deal with medicating shy cats on occasion)? Thank you!

10 Replies Add Reply

Contact Tails, Paws & Claws- Natasha is awesome!

Do not use WagTime on 9th street in Shaw.  My roommate used them for his puppy and there were occasions when they did not show up at all and twice where they “forgot” to put the dog back into his crate so when we got home, he was roaming around the house.  I think its something with their walkers though because their dog day care seems to be really good.

Bloomingdogs is great — they’re mainly in LeDroit/Bloomingdale but might work in Shaw as well.  Contact Abby at [email protected]

Try Laura with Meliora Pet Care:

We love Yvette at FurPals.  She has dog walkers that work for her, and she connected us with one who we also love.  It’s nice that when our specific walker isn’t available, Yvette or another walker will fill in.  Anytime that’s happend, we’ve been able to arrange to meet the temporary walker before the actual visit.
They also don’t insist on walking your dog in a group.  They are totally fine with solo visits, which we prefer.

Andrea with Fur-Get-Me Not has been excellent with our shy rescue and the main office is easy to work with!

I have been using Kathy Murray @ for over 15 years.  She gave my diabetic cat insulin twice a day, but Zoolatry’s speciality is mid day dog walks.  Scratch was anything but Shy!  Sadly I lost him in February.

Meg Levine with Brighter Days

I have a shy rescue as well.  On a coworker’s recommendation, we started using DC Puppy PT.  We opted for the pack walk to try to socialize our little guy, so now he walks with one other dog.  But until he warmed up to the whole affair, Chris would come and take him on a solo walk and charge us the same pack walk rate and was patient enough to give our dog two or three weeks until adding him to the pack.  They also offer solo walks and overnight dog boarding.  Unfortunately, I don’t think any of their walkers is female.  Their info is: (815) 440-3087,

we also had a shy rescue, who has done very well with august & ed at fido fitness and play.  she was very nervous at first but after a week or so she finally warmed up to august and now greets her with kisses and asks for a belly rub.  FF&P also does dog sitting and august sat for her for a long weekend while we were out of town.  august was SO patient with our dog and we have been very pleased with her and FF&P- they are extremely flexible with adding/canceling walks during the week.  august got sick once and had to cancel and i was SO nervous about ed coming to walk her given that she’d never met ed before, but she had no problem with him whatsoever, so it’s nice to know there are 2 walkers who she trusts 🙂

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or