Sweet Cat with a Jingle Bell Collar found in Bloomingdale

Home Forums PoPville Sweet Cat with a Jingle Bell Collar found in Bloomingdale

Topic: Sweet Cat with a Jingle Bell Collar found in Bloomingdale

PoPville December 19, 2012 at 9:26 am

Sweet Cat with a Jingle Bell Collar found in Bloomingdale

There is a black cat with a sweet disposition and Christmas bell on his(?) collar that has been hanging around Seaton Place NW & North Capitol for several days.

I should say, I’m not a cat person at all, they make me sneeze and I wish they would stay inside for the sake of songbirds, but this guy has won me over.  He is beyond sweet and purrs excessively when I pet him even though I have to do it through a dishtowel (so my hands don’t itch).  He is very clean and is obviously used to being inside (he wants to come in each night) and the jingle bell is attached to a rather nice “Safety Collar.” 

A neighbor posted a picture of him on Twitter on the #BloomingdaleDC hashtag which I have attached.  He is all black with a small little bald patch on his head.  No one has responded to the Tweets yet, so I thought I would reach out.  He is currently sleeping buried in a ratty old sweater of mine I left next to our door, keep hoping he finds his way home, but he has been reappearing every night.  Would love to reunite him with his family as we go into the holiday weekend.  I guess he has me feeling sentimental.

5 Replies Add Reply

He sounds like a sweetie!  (Your description of having to pet him through a dishtowel made me smile.)

Is there a Bloomingdale listserv or Yahoogroup you can post to?  That might reach some people who aren’t on Twitter or PoPville.  Flyers in the neighborhood might also help.

Awwww, what a cutie!  Could you have a neighbor take him/her to a vet to see if he/she is microchipped (I’m assuming you wouldn’t want to do the carrying, transporting, etc. with allergies)?  I second the listserve and fliers.  Hope he or she makes it or finds a home!

Great ideas from everyone!  I had just posted on the neighborhood twitter feeds, I’ll see if my roommate can help getting a listserv email/taking him to the vet to check the listserv. Appreciate the ideas!

There is a slightly similar cat who hangs out around Timor on Rhode Island. I often see it on the front steps of the house south of Timor, along the alley. It might be worth a try!

I ilve on Seaton Pl and have seen this little guy around a lot lately as well! A lot of neighborhood things are posted on this blog as well: http://bloomingdaleneighborhood.blogspot.com/.
It’s worth a try!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or