suggestions for minor plumbing help?

Home Forums Home and Garden suggestions for minor plumbing help?

Topic: suggestions for minor plumbing help?

Home and Garden March 13, 2012 at 11:04 am

suggestions for minor plumbing help?

Hi PoPville –
We’re in need of a little help with a toilet that doesn’t seem to be flushing and refilling properly. I know this must be a pretty minor job (at least I hope) but I don’t know a thing about toilets.  I looked in the archives and see recommendations for large scale plumbing jobs. 
I wonder if anyone has a rec or suggestion for who to contact for some minor plumbing help?  Will I be charged a boatload if I call a big plumbing company?  Maybe all I need is A handyman who can do a little plumbing? 
Thanks for any advice!

3 Replies Add Reply

This is one of the most satisfying home repairs you can make by yourself. Read up on it, then go to the hardware store for a replacement toilet kit. Just in case, either take the old one with you or take some good pictures to work from. If you are replacing the whole thing, you don’t need to find an exact replacment, but the measurements have to be the same.

Good luck!

I would like a recomendation for minor plumbing help as well. I have a bathroom sink that’s draining slowly, and the usual techniques aren’t helping the clog.

If it’s something we can’t do, we call Blake and Wilcox

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or