Soundproofing advice needed

Home Forums Announcements Soundproofing advice needed

Topic: Soundproofing advice needed

Announcements December 31, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Soundproofing advice needed

I live in a rather new place in Shaw, and my walls are paper thin. My neighbor and I can hear each others’ every move, not to mention trying to play music or watch my big-screen TV. Does anyone have any experience with get any level of soundproofing done? I’ve done some web searches and there seem to be endless # of options.

1 Replies Add Reply

If you’re looking for a low-cost solution, I would suggest homasote. Generally, you would want to use this under your drywall, but it can be applied directly to walls as well. I lived in a converted living room for a while and to create the room I used two layers of homasote on the back of fitted ikea shelves and the sound insulation was fantastic. It was better than the drywall and door I constructed for the rest of the room. Homasote is just compressed fibers, so it looks very urban/modern and can be used like a pin board. I have a real bedroom now, but I still use a huge sheet of homasote as pin board because it looks so cool, and is extremely functional. If you’re even remotely handy with a skill saw and a hammer, you’ll be golden. And if not, you can probably get the hardware store to cut it to your exact measurements and I’m sure craigslist probably has a number hammer friendly workers at the ready. Hope this helped and good luck!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or