Small piece of carpet needed

Home Forums General Discussion Small piece of carpet needed

Topic: Small piece of carpet needed

General Discussion August 6, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Small piece of carpet needed

I am looking for a 5×5′ piece of carpet for inside a closet.  Weird, yes.  Neutral, berber type piece will do. Any advice of where to buy such a small piece of carpet?  Home Depot only cuts 12′ widths!  Thanks in advance.

7 Replies Add Reply

Look in the carpet section in Home Depot or Lowes – they usually have carpet remnants that you can buy for cheap. I have one such remnant – a remnant of a remnant, as it were – but i’m not sure it’s big enough for you. I will check tonight and let you know.

no worries. sadly the piece of carpet isn’t as big as i remembered. but def look around the carpet section at home depot/lowes. they always have remnants – sometimes you really have to hunt for them, so don’t give up if you don’t spot them immediately.

Many carpet and flooring places (not big box stores) can sell a custom-sized piece of carpet, and finish the edges for you for a nice fit and look.

Just outside DC in Mont county is a place that specializes in remnants of carpets.   On Rolling Brook Parkway just off Parklawn drive (slightly north of White Flint Mall area),     You might also join FreeCycle and monitor it for a remnant.,

I went to this place a couple of years ago and had a much smaller piece cut. They were really great and helped me find the cheapest piece I could use–it was very inexpensive. (3208 Duke St, Alexandria 22314). They could finish the edges for just slightly more, too.

If you haven’t checked out Flor, I highly recommend them. It’s not cheap, but great modular carpet squares that come in every color, texture, weave. They have a lot of berber options on their website. Each square is 18″x18″ and some are as cheap as $10 each.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or