Searching for a group house!

Home Forums General Discussion Searching for a group house!

Topic: Searching for a group house!

General Discussion January 31, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Searching for a group house!

Hi Petworth folk!

I’m Brittany, new to DC and searching for a house that has that kind of solid, homelike community often found in group houses in this area. A bit more about myself:

I’m originally from Illinois, but coming from Barcelona, where I’ve lived for the last 2 ½ years. I originally went there as a Fulbright scholar, but ended up staying way after my research project, doing a curious mix of facilitating, teaching, start-up-ing, writing, and – of course – discovering Catalan culture, language, and countryside. I moved here to start a new job with Ashoka, a non-profit that supports social entrepreneurs around the world. I care a lot about the work I do. I value an active and healthy lifestyle, and I’m a clean and respectful roommate.

Some random stuff:
I am an avid runner- I’ve done a few half-marathons and one full marathon.
I discovered improv comedy by accident, and I love it – currently searching for classes in DC.
Before I left Barcelona, I produced my first short film and I’m ridiculously excited about it. It’s about this story, and we hope to start submitting to festivals this summer.

I am hoping to put some mid-to-long term roots down in a place I really feel at home. I hope to find a place with roommates that share responsibilities and who generally enjoy each other’s company.

Leads are very much appreciated- look forward to hearing from you!

Brittany Koteles
[email protected]

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or