Support

“Scooter accident co-witness/ Missed connection 7.23.21”

photo by LaTur

“Dear PoPville,

I know this story seems too good to be true, but I promise it’s real. I am that one friend that everyone has who always has crazy stories to share to the point that I need to start wearing a body cam to capture the awkwardness.

I was in a long yellow dress walking down 16th street towards Columbia Heights, enjoying an afternoon walk while listening to a podcast. I noticed you on your knee scooter trying to get up the stairs while holding your crutches. I’m incredibly accident-prone and have been there and know what a pain in the ass it is to do anything that involves walking, let alone trying to hobble upstairs while carrying crutches and a scooter. I thought you were cute and was going to offer to help, but then I heard “on your left”.

A guy on a scooter came buzzing past us, hit a curb, and did a complete flip over his handlebar.

You and I were both a little shocked and very concerned if he was ok since he fell really hard. I thought he might have hit his head and possibly broke his arm. To our surprise, the guy popped up and got back up on the scooter, and rode away as fast as possible.

You and I were chatting about how crazy that was to witness, but while you were talking, I noticed the scooter man not holding his balance and getting back on and off the scooter. When I noticed this, I started walking away to check in on him and just ended our conversation. He said he was ok and I think you were right; he was mostly just embarrassed.

I’m kicking myself for not introducing myself and asking for your number. Don’t let scooter man’s bruised arm and ego go in vain. Let’s get drinks so you can tell me the saga of the knee scooter.

Sincerely,
Witness in the yellow dress”

Ed. Note: If this is you, please email [email protected] so I can put you in touch with OP. PoPville is not affiliated with either party, please proceed with any potential connection at your own risk using caution as you would any online encounter. For those curious about past missed connections, some have been made and when possible I’ll try to update when/if more are made.

Recent Stories

1515 17th Street, NW Yo! Look what’s coming to the former Mr Yogato space in Dupont!! Thanks to Gregg for sending:

Thanks to Tracey for sending: “It has been a while since I’ve seen a car that had its wheels stolen. Saw this one today on 7th St NE between F…

1926 17th Street, NW Thanks to Daniel for sending: “Childhood cafe (old three fifty bakery on 17th) is opening”. Childhood Cafe shares on their IG:

Thanks to Kevin for sending: “In front of the newly renovated Raymond school 4th district. Functional art for seating as well. Rock Creek Ch Rd.” Beautiful!

Unlike our competitors, Well-Paid Maids doesn’t clean your home with harsh chemicals. Instead, we handpick cleaning products rated “safest” by the Environmental Working Group, the leading rating organization regarding product safety.

The reason is threefold.

First, using safe cleaning products ensures toxic chemicals won’t leak into waterways or harm wildlife if disposed of improperly.

Read More

Submit your own Announcement here.

Looking for something campy, ridiculous and totally fun!? Then pitch your tents and grab your pokers and come to DC’s ONLY Drag Brunch Bingo hosted by Tara Hoot at Whitlow’s! Tickets are only $10 and you can add bottomless drinks and tasty entrees. This month we’re featuring performances by the amazing Venus Valhalla and Mari Con Carne!

Get your tickets and come celebrate the fact that the rapture didn’t happen during the eclipse, darlings! We can’t wait to see you on Sunday, April 21 at 12:30!

Submit your own Announcement here.

Frank’s Favorites

Come celebrate and bid farewell to Frank Albinder in his final concert as Music Director of the Washington Men’s Camerata featuring a special program of his most cherished pieces for men’s chorus with works by Ron Jeffers, Peter Schickele, Amy

Subscribe to our mailing list