Running groups in Petworth??

Home Forums Sports and Fitness Running groups in Petworth??

Topic: Running groups in Petworth??

Sports and Fitness April 8, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Running groups in Petworth??

I just move to Petworth and am hoping there is a run group that meets up nearby. Ideally looking for people that are interested in a couple shorter (3-4 miles) runs during the week and a longer run on the weekends. Please let me know if you know of such a group or if you live in the area and are interested in finding some running buddies. I am a 10-min miler.

4 Replies Add Reply

I don’t know of any in Petworth but DC Striders runs close by in AdMo/Columbia Heights

Where do you live in Petworth? I’m on the southern end (closer to the Metro) and would love to join up with a running buddy/group. I started running only about six months ago, so still run around an 11 minute mile (unless racing), but I do try to run three times a week, two shorter (3-4 miles) and usually a 6-7 miler on the weekend.

I live in Columbia Heights, and I’m also looking for a running buddy/group. I’ve been running for a little over a year, and my usual pace is a little under 10 minute miles. I’ve been meaning to make it to one of the free group runs with lululemon or pacers or whatever, but it’s kind of out of my way, and I’d like to make my own schedule with someone if anyone is interested as well!

Hi all – Sorry for the slow reply, I ended up traveling for work so am only now getting back to this.

Bipenworth – I also live just a couple blocks from the Metro, and as I have been a bit off my running routine lately, am also running closer to a 11-min mile these days. So we should be a perfect running match 🙂

Unismin – If you don’t mind a slower pace (10.5-11), lets do it! I am sure in a couple months I will be back to pace and could keep up with your sub-10 min pace no problem, but feeling a bit slow these days.

If either of you are interested – lets try and set up a run for this weekend and then on the run we could chat about setting up a regular schedule. I would love to get a regular running buddy/group going. My e-mail is [email protected]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or