Replacing Moulding for our Petworth Row House

Home Forums Home and Garden Replacing Moulding for our Petworth Row House

Topic: Replacing Moulding for our Petworth Row House

Home and Garden March 6, 2014 at 10:50 am

Replacing Moulding for our Petworth Row House

I’m replacing some doors and windows within the next few weeks, and I’ve already started removing the moulding. Some came off easier than others, so I’ll need to find replacement pieces. I tried to find replacements that would match our existing moulding, but with no real luck. (HD, Lowes, moulding and lumber yards, Community forklift and other salvage places, etc.)

Smoot Lumber has the exact moulding I need, but it’s a special order. I’m planning to put in an order at Smoot for the attached moulding, and was wondering if anyone else within PoPville would want to go in with me. The cost will probably be $4-5 per linear foot, depending on quantity.
If so, please email me at districtwoodshop at gmail. c o m. I plan on putting the order in early next week.

You must be logged in to view attached files.

4 Replies Add Reply

Have you looked at Gallagher and Hughley? They often have, in stock, moldings for these houses.

Hi Saf,
Thank you and yes, I go to G&H often, and they used to have something similar to what I needed, but they no longer carry that. I think G&H actually carries Smoot’s mouldings.

That’s too bad. They had my molding when nobody else did.

I had to go to Smoot for doors though.

There are many perfect restoration programs carried out. Windows and doors are the main asset which need to be replaced as they protect home and buildings from every hazards. Many useful sources like
gives the correct aspect to manage windows and doors and also repairing and replacing them makes a big deal

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or