Renting a space for birthday party

Home Forums Life and Society Renting a space for birthday party

Topic: Renting a space for birthday party

Life and Society December 19, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Renting a space for birthday party

My guest list is now approaching 25 and that is just the folks who rsvp’s via fb. Im thinking now it may be a better idea to rent a space at a bar. Anyone have any experience with this?

9 Replies Add Reply

I had a party at Science Club recently for about 30 people. They reserved the second floor at no cost. Only issue is there isn’t a bar on the second floor but our waiter did a great job keeping on top of everything. I would definitely recommend it if you don’t want to pay a fee.

One Lounge in Dupont Circle has a few great spaces, and they are super easy to work with! 

I’ve been to events at The Saloon on U and The Bar Formerly Known as Nothing (Southern Hospitality) in Adams Morgan.  Pretty much anywhere that has an underused second floor is probably a good bet.

I’ve never done it myself, but I’ve been to private party of about that size on the second floor of a bar in Adams Morgan (Grand Central? or something else on the same strip), the basement of the Big Hunt, and the upstairs section of Cafe Citron.  Happy Birthday!

I’ve been to a private shindig on the second floor of the Biergarten on H St NE – great space, and service.  Also – the Pug is always a good option for these kinds of events.

I’ve rented the loft at Bourbon Adams Morgan and a room at 18th Street Lounge before. Both were fun events

I had an event at Lima, in the second floor space. We couldn’t rent the whole area outright, but there wasn’t anyone else up there, and we had our own bar. The staff was easy to work with, and there’s no charge. 

District of Pi rents out their upper level with a minimum tab of something reasonable. That’s a good bday space, too.

I used One Lounge in Dupont back in October for a party of about the same size. They have a great space and are very easy to work with on drinks/food etc.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or