Rehoming a cat

Home Forums PoPville Rehoming a cat

Topic: Rehoming a cat

PoPville February 22, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Rehoming a cat

Im moving to Hawaii and am trying to find a new home for my wonderful cat – however, my CL postings keep getting flagged because Im not requiring a fee. Im more interested in finding a good home than asking for money – so where else can I post an advert? There seems to be an overabundance of concern on CL that my cat will end up in a lab or a dogfight – so please no kooky lectures – thanks.

6 Replies Add Reply

If you have enough time, you can have the WHS post your cat for adoption and list him/her as in foster care.  You don’t get too many hits, I’m afraid (I’ve fostered cats for them), unless you have a truly unique cat, like a Persian or other pure breed. Is there a reason you are not bringing the cat with you to Hawaii?

Hawaii does have a quarantine (in order to maintain its rabies-free status), but it looks as though if you time it right, your cat would need to be in quarantine for only 5 days:

I’ve heard of people giving up pets when (for example) moving to the United Kingdom… but just because a given country is rabies-free doesn’t mean that you can’t bring your pet.  You just need to follow the vaccination requirements (and the specified timing) to the letter.

Also, the OP’s posts are apparently getting flagged on Craigslist because he/she isn’t requiring a fee.  I guess CL requires a fee to ensure that pet adopters have some minimal investment in the pet and aren’t just acquiring it to dispose of it elsewhere.
Household pets of any kind including dogs, cats, primates, cage birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish. Re-homing with small adoption fee OK.

Textdoc – Im guessing you think you’re really smart because you can use google and read? Thanks – Im well beyond this in my research. Iif you had cognizant thought you would see Im looking for rehoming advice- I didnt think this was a complicated request.

Why don’t you just require a small rehoming fee, if that is the norm on CL and what seems to be recommended to ensure the new owner is serious about adopting a cat? You could throw in some cat supplies like a litter box, carrier, extra food etc. if that makes you feel better about asking for money.

Too bad it can’t go to Hawaii. Try free under for Sale on CL.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or