Regular burglar/fire alarm near 13th & Fairmont/Girard

Home Forums Public Safety Regular burglar/fire alarm near 13th & Fairmont/Girard

Topic: Regular burglar/fire alarm near 13th & Fairmont/Girard

Public Safety March 13, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Regular burglar/fire alarm near 13th & Fairmont/Girard

We live near 13th & Girard, and often hear a fire or burglar alarm going off at night. It was going off last night for at least half an hour, maybe at 11-something.  I always thought it was behind us (over on Harvard), but last night I decided it was coming from 13th & Fairmont.  It’s a loud continuous bell alarm, “r-r-r-r-r-ing”, not like a car alarm or anything.  Does anyone else around here ever hear it?  We’re a block away, and we can usually hear it inside the house.  I can’t believe people aren’t always calling 911…. (I actually did last night, and naturally the alarm went silent two minutes before they came flying down the street… and, yes, they called me back.  They were nice about it.)
Next time it happens I’m jumping on my bike to find the actual source, but I thought I’d ask if anyone else heard it.

3 Replies Add Reply

I live on 13th between Euclid and Fairmont, I heard the same alarm you’re talking about (really loud old school bell alarm), it kept going off Sunday night almost on the half hour.  I haven’t heard it since, but I believe it came from the buildings on the west side of 13th street that are vacant and about to be gutted.  I believe the address is 2616 13th Street.  I don’t know the status of the reno or why the alarms keep going off but I am 98% sure that is the culprit.

I think so, yes.  I just think it’s a noice nuissance that should be reported.  Hopefully that was a one time situation? Who knows…

I live on 13th between Otis and Spring and I just heard it about 10 minutes ago.  It sounded like it was coming from the school that’s on Spring?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or