Recommendations for a plumber to do lead pipe replacement

Home Forums General Discussion Recommendations for a plumber to do lead pipe replacement

Topic: Recommendations for a plumber to do lead pipe replacement

General Discussion November 30, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Recommendations for a plumber to do lead pipe replacement

We are looking to get a couple of quotes on the cost and process of replacing our private water line which is lead pipe.  Does anyone have recommendations of companies or independant plumbers they have worked with in the past?

4 Replies Add Reply

TT

Has the public side of your service line already been switched?  Usually the same contractor does both the public and private, and then just bills you for X number of feet that fall on your side of the property line.  WASA will pay for the public side.  The contractor they used as of a year and a half ago was Corinthian Construction.
Can you give me some more info about what you’ve done so far, who you’ve contacted, and what exactly you’re trying to accomplish?  Then maybe I can help you better.  I switched my lead service line to copper about a year and a half ago.

TT

If I recall correctly, it’s something like $100/ft.

The public side was replaced before we purchased our home.  We need to replace the lead pipe that is on our property.  We had our water tested by DCWater and  there were low levels of lead.  We are in the process of getting a quote from creative pipe solutions but would like to talk with a few people about different options. 

I am interested in doing the same replacement work. I would appreciate any advise.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or