Recommendation for Gas Insert Fireplace Company

Home Forums Governement and Politics Recommendation for Gas Insert Fireplace Company

Topic: Recommendation for Gas Insert Fireplace Company

Governement and Politics November 4, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Recommendation for Gas Insert Fireplace Company

Having the hardest time finding a reputable company to convert our wood fireplace into a gas log insert.  Have received a quote from Bromwell’s and tried to get one from Acme Stove — not impressed with either (former has terrible reviews online and latter sent their owner to our home to do measurements and he was downright condescending and rude).  Has anyone had good luck with another company?  Any leads would be most appreciated!  

3 Replies Add Reply

I work for a homebuilder in the area and we use Fireside Hearth & Home for all of our gas fireplaces. My experience with them is in new construction, but I know that they do retrofit conversions as well. They offer a huge selection of sizes and styles and have always been a pleasure to work with. 

No real input to offer, but Acme Stove sounds like a company out of a Wile E. Coyote/Roadrunner cartoon.

Check out Consumer Checkbook,  It’s well worth the subscription price because they have loads of reviews.  I’m currently getting quotes on a fireplace conversion. I went to Woodburner’s Two based on the checkbook reviews.  We haven’t actually hired them yet, so I can’t say whether I would recommend them.  I plan to get a couple more quotes, and I will use Checkbook to choose the firms.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or