Realtor for a novice homebuyer?

Home Forums Real Estate Realtor for a novice homebuyer?

Topic: Realtor for a novice homebuyer?

Real Estate July 25, 2012 at 8:58 am

Realtor for a novice homebuyer?

I’m a complete novice at the whole homebuyer thing – can any one recommend a good realtor?

10 Replies Add Reply

Yes!  Aileen Sheridan of Century 21 New Milennium.  Very thorough and super personable!  [email protected]

I’ve posted on PoP about Realtors before, but I’ll do it again 🙂  I have used Koki Adasi twice, and will continue to use him again and again (and to recommend him again and again as well!).  
He helped me with my first purchase, and was incredibly helpful at explaining all aspects of the process to me.  Which was much appreciated since the first time going through the process can be quite nerve-racking.  He was so great, that I returned to several years later after getting married as I was preparing to buy a home with my husband.
Here’s his contact info:
Koki Adasi
koki @ kokiisthekey dot com
He also has a ton of reviews on zillow if you want to see what others have to say.

The best advice I can give you is to meet with a few realtors and see who you are comfortable with … I’m a realtor and I specialize in the Shaw/Logan/U Street neighborhood. Would be happy to grab a cup of coffee. I’m affiliated with Evers and Co. Cheers – Lars Anderson ([email protected])

We love love love payam bakhaje from long and foster.  we purchased a home from him a year ago, and we adore him so much we’ve invited him to our wedding 🙂

I would highly recommend Tom Spier from Greenline Real Estate.  He helped my wife and I out, as well as many of our friends.  He was great for us as first time homebuyers as he is very knowledgable of how much repair items will costs, if you’re looking at fixer uppers, and he knows the city well.  He’s honest, straight forward and never pressured us into buying anything, unlike another real estate agent we worked with.  I really can’t recommend him enough. 
Tom Spier
[email protected]
202.320.6711 – C

Rich Oder (long and foster) is the absolute best.  My husband and i were total novices when we started out last year – Rich was patient, responsive, resourceful, funny – I can’t say enough great things about him.  In addition to clearly walking us through the whole process and enduring our endless questions, he handled a tricky situation with the seller with professionalism, and fought for us right up to the morning of our closing (getting us another $1,000 in escrow at closing).  We knew we weren’t “big” clients for Rich, but he never made us feel that way and always had time for us.  Rich is  just awesome.  Email him at [email protected] Severl friends and I all worked with him as first time homebuyers – really knowledgeable and helpful!

I had an amazing experience with my real estate agent, she was super personable and hard-working. She wasn’t pushy, which was perfect, and she knew the DC market well. She even showed me places that werent on the market yet, still being renovated, because she knew the developer or contractor. Market turned out to be really competitive and she was critical to my recent success.

Carmen Fontecilla of Weichert Realtors, 301.908.6672, [email protected]

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or