Pushing back street construction hours?

Home Forums General Discussion Pushing back street construction hours?

Topic: Pushing back street construction hours?

General Discussion July 23, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Pushing back street construction hours?

I got a notice at my apartment last week of sidewalk construction on our street. It states that they’re replacing broken sidewalk, putting in ADA approved ramps, etc. It also states they’ll be working for 30 days, 7AM – 7PM, Monday – Saturday. I didn’t realize what this meant until I was woken up by a jackhammer outside my apartment at 7AM this morning.
If this was only going on for a week or so, I’d just deal, but the noise level – and shaking in my apartment – is ridiculous for a month straight. I’m already working out friend’s places to stay on Saturday’s and know I won’t be able to work from home for the next few weeks.
What I want to know, for anyone who’s dealt with construction in their neighborhood – have you ever had success in getting them to push back hours? If they were working starting at 9am, even that would be a huge improvement. I figure I’ll reach out to my commissioner but I’m a bit at a loss as to what to do otherwise. I just moved about a month ago so I’m not involved in any neighborhood associations yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1 Replies Add Reply

Earplugs may be your best bet unfortunatley. But maybe you can start by contacting http://dc.gov/DC/DDOT/About+DDOT/News+Room/DDOT+Issues+New+Procedures+for+Emergency+No+Parking+Signs

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or