Propane Tank Filling

Home Forums Home and Garden Propane Tank Filling

Topic: Propane Tank Filling

Home and Garden June 27, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Propane Tank Filling

In preperation for the 4th of July, I would like to top off my proane tank. I know that home depot will exchange tanks, but I still have a decent amount left and would rather top it off.
Does anyone know any locations within DC that will fill propane tanks on the spot?

6 Replies Add Reply

Propane Taxi comes to your door.

I just recently got a grill and Home Depot was out of tanks. I searched online and found Got my tank the next day. Theyll bring you a new one of exchange your empty. Being from Philly, I’m used to being able to exchange at any gas station. Unfortunately DC doesn’t have the kind of thing. This is as convenient as it gets here for those of us without a car.

the UHaul website says that they refill in Takoma.

I haven’t seen anywhere offering to top off a tank — everywhere I have been only offers the option of an exchange.  Propane Taxi is great.  The new Ace on Upshur also has an exchange station.  If your tank is low but not low enough to exchange, you might consider buying an extra tank.  Having a spare has saved me on many occasions.

Not DC, but just past Potomac Yard in Alexandria is AirGas, 2200 Jefferson Davis Highway  Alexandria, VA 22301 (703) 548-5966. I have had tanks refilled there. There are also gas stations that fill (Royal Service Center on Quaker Lane), so keep searching for something in DC.

the ACE hardware on Georgia and Upton (?i think) does propane exchange.  also home depot on Rhode Island.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or