Political Vandalism

Home Forums General Discussion Political Vandalism

Topic: Political Vandalism

General Discussion October 21, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Political Vandalism

Thought the Forum would be interested in some political sign vandalism I witnessed last Thursday (Oct 9th) around 7pm on the corner of 17th & T streets in Dupont Circle.

I was walking to my apartment when I witnessed a women in her 30s pushing a stroller with a baby, tear down TWO “Vote Yes on Initiative 71 (Legalize Marijuana)” signs. She casually then walked and threw them into the closest trash can. I couldn’t believe it; and as I walked by her I said “So I guess you don’t like marijuana?” to which she began to inform me that the initative “sends a horrible message to the children in the city!”. I replied, “Oh, so I guess you are just a fascist.” She was pretty flummoxed as I walked away, but even I wasn’t going to get into a political argument with a mother and her baby.

It doesn’t matter that I am pro-Initiative 71; regardless on how you feel about a political issue or candidate, one should never tear down a sign, which I believe is illegal. She is entitled to her opinion, and it should be voiced on Nov. 4th at the ballot box.

Anyone else every witness this?

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or