Parking in Alley

Home Forums Public Safety Parking in Alley

Topic: Parking in Alley

Public Safety July 24, 2012 at 11:35 am

Parking in Alley

I have a question, but I don’t know where to direct it. 
I have off-street parking in a designated spot (one of about 10) behind my building in the alley. 
For the past few months, people in the building across the alley from my spot have been parking in the alley itself, blocking traffic, and making it difficult for us with legal spots to actually park and/or pull out. 
I’ve asked to not park there, but they keep doing it.  I’m a bit afraid to push it since the people involved are associated with a sketchy tattoo parlor. 
Is this a matter for the police? Traffic services? Do I call a tow truck directly?  

3 Replies Add Reply

Sounds like some of the info in this other forum thread would be applicable to your situation:*0=/idiots-who-park-in-alleys–get-no-parking-signs 
I believe you can’t get a car towed until it’s been ticketed, so first you have to call the police for them to come out and ticket the car.

I had the same problem at my building. Whenever I saw the car that was regularly parked in my alley I called the police to come ticket it. It took a while, but the owner finally stopped parking there.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or