Package Delivery/Shipping Store?

Home Forums Life and Society Package Delivery/Shipping Store?

Topic: Package Delivery/Shipping Store?

Life and Society November 25, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Package Delivery/Shipping Store?

I will soon be moving from the U Street area to 14th St near Upshur Park.  I currently get my packages delivered to BaseCamp on 18th St NW.  They have been amazing and I am going to miss them terribly, but I’m wondering if there is someplace closer to my new digs.  Anyone know of a place in the Columbia Heights or Petworth area where I can have packages delivered?  Thanks!

4 Replies Add Reply

There is a UPS Store behind Giant.

I, probably like you, don’t have a door buzzer at my apartment building, much less a door man… so I just have all my packages sent to work. I can track them and make sure they’ve arrived when they’re supposed to… and I know someone will always be at the front desk to sign for them. Only downside is no delivery on holidays or saturdays.

I’d be interested to know, too — BaseCamp looks super cool but a trek from CH.  UPS and, I think, FedEx, are like $8 per package, which is a little much.  Often can’t receive at work if you work for the govt.

I called the UPS store and it’s $7 a package which is considerably more thanI currently pay.  Given the lack of local options and the awesomeness of BaseCamp and the people who work there, we’ve decided that we’ll keep using BaseCamp until an equally awesome option reveals itself closer to new home.  The folks at BaseCamp are beyond fantastic and I’m happy to make the trek. 

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or