Outdoor Party Space

Home Forums General Discussion Outdoor Party Space

Topic: Outdoor Party Space

General Discussion May 8, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Outdoor Party Space

Everyone was so helpful with the wedding bands question, I thought I’d throw this one out there. I am looking for an outdoor space to have a party with approximately 75 people later this summer. Preferably something like one of the picnic areas in Rock Creek Park (as in a big open green space), but that will allow alcohol. I’ve checked all of the local public parks I can think of but they either don’t allow alcohol, are booked, or you have to be a resident of the jurisdiction to use them. Anyone have any suggestions?

3 Replies Add Reply

There’s a big park down the GW parkway with some pavilions that, I believe, allows Alcohol. The name escapes me, though.  Fort something?

There’s also Carderrock Picnic Pavillion:
It’s up Macarthur Blvd/Canal Rd off the C&O Canal on the Maryland side of the Potomac.

Carderrock is great – playing field, hiking in the woods by the river & easy rock climbing – but you do need transport.  Montrose Park in Georgetown probably doesn’t technically allow alcohol, but it is a pretty mellow place and I’ve seen lots of gatherings with discreet alcohol – and never seen a cop.  (It is Georgetown after all! )

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or