New Resident – Security Tips/Recommendations

Home Forums Public Safety New Resident – Security Tips/Recommendations

Topic: New Resident – Security Tips/Recommendations

Public Safety February 8, 2014 at 6:41 pm

New Resident – Security Tips/Recommendations

Just moved to DC last week and living in the Truxton Circle area. Noticing lots of folks using security companies to monitor their homes and wondering if we should do the same. What security measures does anyone recommend or use personally? What security company would you recommend working with? (and yes, we’ve already had a theft from our back porch – welcome to the District!) 🙂 Thanks for your help in advance!

3 Replies Add Reply

Welcome to the neighborhood! We moved to the area last summer and love it. We installed ADT for our security system. As for tips – get to know your neighbors, especially the old timers. They know what’s up, and will keep an eye out for you.

Thanks for your insight! Now if only the weather would warm up so I’d have a chance to see my neighbors out-of-doors! I will definitely look into ADT. Thanks so much! And happy snow day!

Agreed, welcome! We’ve been in Truxton for almost three years now. We got an ADT system with security and fire protection when we moved in, although we’re thinking of changing to Ackerman now that we also have a landline in place.

I’ve always found the neighborhood to be very friendly and agree with the comment above to get to know your neighbors. I’ve only had one package theft in the time I’ve been there. Apparently the thief doesn’t share my taste in women’s clothing, as my open but relatively intact package was tossed in a neighbor’s yard and later returned to me.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or