New Quin Apartments

Home Forums Real Estate New Quin Apartments

Topic: New Quin Apartments

Real Estate November 15, 2012 at 12:43 pm

New Quin Apartments

Hi, I’m relocating from Philadelphia and could use a little help finding a place. I stumbled upon the New Quin Apartments, anybody here have anything good or bad to say about them? Any other suggestions to look into?
Thanks,
Jesse

4 Replies Add Reply

I am about a half mile north of here. I like the area, convenient to downtown, depending on where you are working. The area is changing quickly, rapidly adding new bars and restaurants and such. Caps bars though, no Philly fans allowed :)

sue

That looks really expensive for the location, to me.
I think you might get a better deal in Clevland Park – Take the bus down for a day or two and walk around the neighborhood, writing down the numbers on all the buildings and call and see what they have.  
Or for similar prices in a neighborhood I would prefer, try the Argonne, which is at the edges of Adams MOrgan, Mount Pleasant and Columbia Heights.  
Coming from Philly, you’re going to have real estate shock no matter where you live.

I’ve recently been looking in that area myself as I can’t really afford to stay near U St any more if i want to leave my current Apt. I contacted this development about their 1-br units just the other day and they seem kind of pricy (1bed/1bath = 562 sq. ft. going for $1750) for the size and the fact this neighborhood is still rough around the edges (i still like it and wish I could buy here) When the Griffin was opening right near there I was quoted for a 1-BR for $100 more than the Quin and the unit was about 100 sq’ larger and brand new construction. I would assume that the Quin is no longer rent controlled so that isn’t a consideration.

If you don’t have to have an in-unit W/D and don’t mind an older development I would check out some of the developments on 16th. Many of those are still under some level of rent control. In fact, I toured a unit yesterday that was almost 1,000 sq’ for the price they are charging for the Quin. The downfall was the kitchen sucked. That and someone else beat me to the application.

I guess that is one other words of advice, if you see a place you like, don’t wait. There will likely be others chomping at the bit. If you see a place that’s been sitting on the market for a while it likely means there’s something wrong with the unit, the building, management, or it is just priced incorrectly. In DC nothing stays on the market (coming from someone that has been crowded out at open houses where the people put down an application when they haven’t even seen the whole apartment or asked questions.

Best of luck, and please don’t steal the apartment I’m looking for. Luckily, there have been a lot more deals lately given the time of year and the number of new projects opening up.

Thanks for the replies, folks. If you see a guy in a Phillies hat walking around your neighborhood tomorrow, please don’t beat him up!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or