New Development @ 5th and Kennedy St. NW?

Home Forums Real Estate New Development @ 5th and Kennedy St. NW?

Topic: New Development @ 5th and Kennedy St. NW?

Real Estate August 1, 2012 at 2:02 pm

New Development @ 5th and Kennedy St. NW?

Hi all –
I just moved to Brightwood Park and noticed that the large, vacant building just north of the 5th and Kennedy St. NW intersection seems to be undergoing a huge renovation. I’ve noticed a contractor’s truck parked out front each morning and lot’s of workers inside tearing down walls and installing new walls and lighting. This appears to be a total gut rehab. The building’s address is 5505 5th St. NW and appears to have formerly been the home of NAFFCCA Inc. (National Association of Former Foster Care Children of America). Does anyone know what new development is going into this building?

3 Replies Add Reply

I can’t say that I know what’s going to be there, but I sure hope it is slated for mixed-use. A coffee shop or hip bar on the ground floor would do wonders for that block!

That’s what I’m thinking too – a great mixed-use development with either apartments of condos on top and then ground floor retail with a coffee shop or bar would really be a great asset for the neighborhood. I’m imagining a Tryst like atmosphere…

I would love a bar/coffee shop or even something like Yes! Organic Market.  

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or