MD Representative Andy Harris

Home Forums Governement and Politics MD Representative Andy Harris

Topic: MD Representative Andy Harris

Governement and Politics December 10, 2014 at 10:11 am

MD Representative Andy Harris

MD Representative Andy Harris is at it again… He has written legislation to block the legalization of Marijuana in DC, a law for which over 65% of the DC population voted in favor.

I say that since it seems that he is so interested in having an effect on the laws of our city, that we should all call into his office with our requests for what he can do to improve our city. Beware that he will probably try to do the exact opposite of what we want.

What is even more amusing about what he is doing is that if you try to e-mail him through his website, you have to use a zip code verification form to even be able to send him an e-mail, and DC zip codes do not work. I had to use a different form to send him a message with my thoughts.

Please join me in doing as much as we can to annoy Rep. Harris for trying to get involved in the policies of our city, of which he is NOT a resident.

1 Replies Add Reply

Andy Harris and his party claim to support States Rights when it serves their purpose. While DC is not a state, the principle still applies.

The majority of residents who cared enough to turn out on Election Day, overwhelmingly passed this new law. The new law would allow DC to tax and regulate marijuana.

Andy Harris has decided his personal belief trumps that of DC residents, in an area that impacts our ability to raise much needed revenue.

I hope DC residents will return the favor against Andy Harris, and his supporters. We need to impact his district supporters economically….just as he is doing to DC. DC residents should avoid Ocean City, Salisbury, et al. Nobody should reward his tawdry action with our vacation, or dining dollars.

Delaware and Virginia have beautiful beaches, and offer an alternative to Ocean City, and Andy Harris’ colonial mindset.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or