Low-key bachelorette party suggestions?

Home Forums Entertainment Low-key bachelorette party suggestions?

Topic: Low-key bachelorette party suggestions?

Entertainment January 15, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Low-key bachelorette party suggestions?

Does anybody have any brilliant suggestions for a non-debaucherous, co-ed, early-summer bachelorette party in DC?  It would be the night before the wedding festivities start, hence the requested lack of debauchery (and hangovers).  I’d been thinking of trying to rent a hotel suite somewhere that has good food and cocktails, but most of the places I’m thinking of are pretty expensive, and we don’t actually need a place to stay; still, just “going out” for the evening doesn’t seem quite special enough.
Would love any ideas folks might have!  Thanks, PoP-ville!

10 Replies Add Reply

ahah

Instead of a hotel suite, why not find a nice private room at a (nice) restaurant.  No doubt food and drinks would be better than a hotel.

That would be awesome, but super spendy — this will be a small (5-6 people?) group, which is why a hotel suite may or may not be out of the price range.  Something like this would be great for a bigger group, but alas, we are not that (don’t need the space or have the budget!)
Thanks for the suggestion, though!

What about a wine tasting? I did this for a bachlorette party and it was really fun. Rent a limo, stop by several wineries for tasting. We did a private tasting at one which was awesome. 

es

We played laser tag at a friend’s bachelorette party.  It was definitely the best one I’ve been to!

Anonymous

What about a cooking class at Culinaerie? they serve wine, and you get to eat what you made. 

Isn’t there a place somewhere in DC where you can paint or do your own pottery and drink at the same time?

I always thought SpaWorld would be a nice spot for bach.party. 

What about a baseball game if there is one in town?  Nats Park is always fun or you could head to Bowie and spend a night with the Baysox

One of the most fun bachelorette parties I’ve been to was karaoke at Muzette http://www.muzette.com/  You rent a private room and sing as many songs with your friends as you want.  They will bring food and drinks to your room – so you can have dinner, have a few drinks, and just be silly together without worrying about strangers judging your singing voice.  It was a blast!

Thanks for all your responses, PoPville!  I’m adding a pool bar, seasonal pantry, and the columbia room to this list and submitting for consideration.  :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or