Lost (?) Child’s Backpack in Petworth

Home Forums Announcements Lost (?) Child’s Backpack in Petworth

Topic: Lost (?) Child’s Backpack in Petworth

Announcements September 2, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Lost (?) Child’s Backpack in Petworth

I was walking my dog tonight on 9th Street NW between Quincy and Rock Creek Church Rd, around 8:00pm, and I found a red and silver backpack with a last name (“Tahil”) in sharpie on it on the ground. After asking anyone else hanging around if they knew who it belonged to, I debated for a minute then checked the front pocket. I only saw a Silver Line Smartrip and an old iPhone (maybe a 2 or 3?) before someone said they knew whose backpack it was and told me not to worry about it, they’d return it.

I walked away but have been feeling really guilty about it all night – it was obviously a kid’s backpack with nothing of great monetary value in it, and I just could see some bullies taking it from him and ditching it or something. Anyways. I felt very torn about not taking it with me but didn’t feel like I was in a situation where I could argue against a large group of people – people who have always been very nice to me and protective of my dog, people who seem like good people. I hope that it got back to the proper owner, and if not, I just wanted to put something up online so that someone looking for it knows where it might be.

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or