Lost Cat?

Home Forums Announcements Lost Cat?

Topic: Lost Cat?

Announcements December 29, 2011 at 10:42 am

Lost Cat?

A young black cat has been hanging around my apartment on 13th Street, between Monroe and Otis, for the past several weeks. He followed me to my door. I thought he was a stray (no collar), so I called the Humane Society. When they came, they saw that he had been “ear-tipped” as part of the Trap-Neuter-Return Program; the man informed me that he was an outdoor (read: feral) cat and they couldn’t do anything else but leave him be.
The cat’s a freaking sweetie, though. Not at all skittish of humans as ferals usually are. I’ve seen him friendly with other folks in the neighborhood, too, including my landlord and various passers-by. With the winter weather approaching, I decided to bring him in. We went to the vet yesterday and he’s got a clean bill of health. (He is a he, by the way. And neutered, of course, via TNR.) They scanned for a microchip, but could not find one. He’s black (with a very light tuft of white on his chest), about two years old, long tail, very friendly, pretty vocal (meowing, purring).
Perhaps he once lived with humans, but was abandoned? The vet vaccinated him and tested for FIV/FeLV. I’ve bought a few things for him, including cat food, a litter box, toys, etc. I guess I’ve already “adopted” him, but I just wanted to send out this announcement just in case. I do plan on keeping him otherwise.

2 Replies Add Reply

I’ve petted this guy while I was out running before and noticed that his ear was clipped so I just let him be. He was a sweetie! 

Congrats on the new pet!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or