Looking for wedding invitation printers

Home Forums Life and Society Looking for wedding invitation printers

Topic: Looking for wedding invitation printers

Life and Society February 18, 2013 at 10:41 am

Looking for wedding invitation printers

We’re looking for printers who would do wedding invitations.  We may or may not want the printer to do design too (a friend could do the design).  Looking for quality, but not extravagance.  We’re located in DC, so hopefully nothing too far-flung.
Any suggestions?

5 Replies Add Reply

We loved working with Heather at http://www.letterpresslight.com/. We wanted a unique design and she custom-made one for us, tweaking design and color along the way. Everything about the process was easy and professional.

Ours were designed by a friend and printed by catprint.com.  You can order a sample of all their paper types, and they will send you drafts of the invitation before they print the whole batch.  They are inexpensive and their customer service is excellent.  Our design was not properly formatted when we submitted it, but we didn’t know that.  Someone called me and asked if that was how I intended it to look.  I told them no and their designer reformatted it for us at no cost.  I think very highly of cat print.

We had great luck with minted.com.  Lots of great designs, helpful service and very competitively priced. They also sent drafts ahead of time so you can check that everything is as you want it before they print it.  Also, they are always having a sale, or you can find good discount codes on retailmenot.com to get the price down further. 

I got really frustrated with the service at Papersource in Georgetown, so I ended up going Basecamp in Adams Morgan.  They were super nice and took my shoddy design and re-worked it for me. They also didn’t recharge me loads when I made a mistake and had to get a re-print. Just an idea if you’d prefer to go somewhere local that doesn’t blow your budget.

If you are looking for something more unique, you should give Typecase Industries a try: http://www.etsy.com/people/typecaseindustries

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or