Looking for a housekeeper

Home Forums Home and Garden Looking for a housekeeper

Topic: Looking for a housekeeper

Home and Garden June 18, 2012 at 10:48 am

Looking for a housekeeper

We’re looking for a reliable, thorough person to come out to our house in Mt Pleasant once or twice a week.  Our main priority is just finding someone who will actually do a good job of cleaning (which is a problem with our current person), but in our dream world we’d love to find someone who’s a little proactive about things that aren’t on the usual list.  My Spanish is what average American language students would describe as “advanced” (i.e., it sucks) but is good enough for notes and stilted conversations.  We’d love to hear from anyone who knows somebody they think is really super.  Thanks.

8 Replies Add Reply

me too! 

I have a great cleaning lady.  Super reliable. Totally trustworthy.  And I love coming home after she’s been there to a spectacularly clean house.  I once got back while she was still there and found her dusting the box I keep my flip flops in by the door.  That would have never occurred to me. She speaks spanish but if you can get through basics, you should be fine.  Also, her daughter speaks English and is available for translating help when the need arises.   If you’re interested in her info, drop me a line at hr32477 at gmail dot com. 

jumping in on this thread as I was going to post the same thing later today! Any recommendations for Ledroit/Bloomingdale?

I’m actually looking to make a few extra dollars to support some fun summer travel and have picked up a few cleaning gigs around town — I live in Mt. Pleasant and would be working around a 9-5, but available evenings/weekends to clean your house or apartment, including dusting, bathrooms, laundry, dishes, organizing (small and large jobs), deep cleaning, and even gardening — let me know what you need done and I’ll do my best to accommodate.  I have years of house cleaning experience and would happily provide references, etc.  Rates at $25-30/hour or we can negotiate a flat rate.  If interested, buzz me at shipleal at yahoo.  Thanks!

Ecoverde Cleaning Solutions has just moved to your area and we are writing you today to offer our green cleaning services.  Ecoverde offers a unique solution; we are a women-run and women-owned local company providing cleaning and recycling services to the Washington, DC metro area.  We provide a full-range of cleaning services to meet the growing needs of the nation’s capital.  No matter the size of your apartment home or house we’ll find the perfect solution to help you create a more tranquil, organized and “green” space.
If you’re looking to start with a cleaning services, you can count on us to help you make an easy transition.  If you’re looking to change things up and bring in a new team, we hope you consider finding your solution with Ecoverde.  For more information about our rates, service plans and guarantee, please search ‘Ecoverde Solutions’ in Google and you will find our website!  You can also try us at info-at-ecoverdesolutions-dot-com or call two-zero-two-six-one-eight-zero-five-seven-two.”   We look forward to taking your call!
All the best,
The Ecoverde Cleaning Solutions Team
You can see our ad here

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or