Local Police / Fire / Rescue Donations

Home Forums Public Safety Local Police / Fire / Rescue Donations

Topic: Local Police / Fire / Rescue Donations

Public Safety September 11, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Local Police / Fire / Rescue Donations

I constantly get calls on my business phone line for various police, fire & rescue organizations soliciting donations. I made a small donation some years ago to what I thought was a my local police department but I’m really not so sure. Now all these organizations seem to have my information. I don’t have any problem with a small donation, but I want it to be locally. Some of these calls may be legit, but I haven’t donated in a while because some seem sketchy. Do others just blow off these solicitations and donate directly, if so, to whom?

1 Replies Add Reply

They way I usually handle this is I tell them that I am interested, but I need to talk to people about it and ask if they have a local contact.  I also tell them that once I’ve talked to the folks I need to talk to, I can send the donation and tell them it was solicited by the caller so that they can get the credit for it if they need it.  Then I check to see if the address or phone # they’ve given me is actually to the police/fire/rescue/school they said it was.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or