Laundromats for a recent-ish transplant?

Home Forums Home and Garden Laundromats for a recent-ish transplant?

Topic: Laundromats for a recent-ish transplant?

Home and Garden May 8, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Laundromats for a recent-ish transplant?

Heylo! I recently moved into a place where I don’t have access to a washer/dryer and now need to learn the lay of the land. I’ve driven past quite a few in my five months here, but I was wondering which ones are recommended and which ones should be avoided. I’ve checked out Yelp, but the laundromat reviews are few and older. I’ve got a car, so I’m more than willing to drive out a bit into Maryland if needed–especially with how much laundry I have to do. Thanks for the help!

7 Replies Add Reply

I’ve been going to the one on the corner of 11th & C NE in Capitol Hill since I moved to the neighborhood a year and a half ago. No complaints other than the place is pretty hot during the summer. I try to go after work when there aren’t a lot of people there and I can get the two smaller (also cheaper) washers in the back corner of the place.

What neighborhood?

Sorry! Completely forgot to say Petworth 🙂 As I said, though, I’m not limited to the area.

There’s a good one in Adams Morgan at the corner of Kalorama and Ontario Rds.  

Before we got laundry machines, we went to the one on 11th and Lamont and the one on Georgia, just below Princeton I think? I don’t know if it’s even still there. They were both fine.
When I have large things that won’t fit in my washer, I go to the one next to the Derby at 14th and Quincy. Laundry and beer!

24 Hour Wash and Fold at the corner of Mt. Pleasant and Hobart. It’s next to the car repair! I went there every week for a year and it was great! Clean and brightly lit. In the summer, it wasn’t unbearable! 

I use a nice laundromat in the 300 blk of Kennedy St.NW. It’s across from the Senior center. They have their own parking lot. Lots of Machines from the normal size to the gigantic 60lbs size. It’s always clean and the attendants are nice. Several bill changers and soap vendor. NOT 24hrs. I think they close 9 or 10pm.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or