Landlord wants to sell condo – I don't want to move.

Home Forums Real Estate Landlord wants to sell condo – I don't want to move.

Topic: Landlord wants to sell condo – I don't want to move.

Real Estate June 8, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Landlord wants to sell condo – I don't want to move.

My lease is up end of August and I was planning on renewing for another 6 months or going month-to-month. My landlord just informed me that he and his wife have separated and need to sell the condo in order to separate their finances. He said they plan to sell at the end of my current lease and has offered to sell it to me before putting it on the market, if I am interested. I am not in the financial position to buy the condo, nor would I want to at this point (love renting it, would not necessarily want to own it), but I do not want to move. There is also the possibility that I may have to move in the next 6 months due to work, so I am hesitant to sign on to another year-long lease somehwere else and I don’t want to move to another apartment to then potentially have move again a few months later. It is also worth noting that I have only been in the apartment since last August (so less than a year) and throughout my lease, I have had only pleasant and amicable interations with my landlord. Do I have any options besides buy or move?

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or