J&L Green Farm Petworth Buying Club

Home Forums Announcements J&L Green Farm Petworth Buying Club

Topic: J&L Green Farm Petworth Buying Club

Announcements February 29, 2012 at 9:23 pm

J&L Green Farm Petworth Buying Club

I’m not sure if many people know about this, but the folks who sell pork/beef/eggs at the Petworth Farmers’ Market every summer have a buying club and every month come sit in the parking lot where the market usually is to drop off anything you might like to buy from them. You email your order by a certain date, and then every second Tuesday of the month at 5:15 you can go pick up your stuff.

If you are interested in joining, you can email them at [email protected] and they can send you an email with the pricelist (I think that info is also on their website) and will then let you know when you can order for the upcoming month. Right now you can order until Saturday March 10 and then pick up the following Tuesday.
Some details from their last email are below. I don’t have anything to gain from this posting- I don’t work for them or anything- they just seem like really nice people and I want to get the word out since I don’t think they’ve been getting a lot of orders over the winter. (And I love their eggs!)
J & L Green Farm Petworth Buying Club
Order Deadline: Saturday, March 10, 2012
Pick-Up Date: March 13, 2012 (2nd Tuesday of every month)
Time: 5:15p.m.
Location: 9th Street NW between Georgia Ave & Upshur Street (across from Yes! Market)
Payment: Cash, Check, or Credit Card at time of pick-up
E-mail us at [email protected] with your order or any questions!
J & L Green Farm is committed to producing naturally raised, hormone & GMO free meat and eggs. We raise our animals with care and love our earth.
Through our buying club you can receive Pastured Raised Chicken & Turkeys, 100% Grass-Fed Beef & Lamb, Forest Raised Pork, Pastured Chicken Eggs, & Pastured Duck Eggs. http://www.jlgreenfarm.blogspot.com

1 Replies Add Reply

(Note: there is some strange DC law that prevents them from selling chicken inside the District.)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or