Is there anything besides Craigslist?

Home Forums Real Estate Is there anything besides Craigslist?

Topic: Is there anything besides Craigslist?

Real Estate May 11, 2015 at 11:33 am

Is there anything besides Craigslist?

Is Craigslist the main site people use to find apartments in DC? Or is there another resource I don’t know about? I’m looking to move when my lease is up – either to Capital Hill or Logan Circle / Shaw or (when those end up being too expensive) Old Town or Del Ray in Alexandria.

So I guess my simple question is – where should I be looking?

3 Replies Add Reply

You might want to consider having the assistance of a Realtor. Often, homes listed in the multiple listing service are not on Craig’s List. One other advantage, a Realtor has a license and will make sure you are protected. Craig’s List is an open forum for disaster.

I used and when I listed my condo for rent, but most of our inquiries came via craigslist. I definitely wouldn’t use a realtor for a rental – there’s no shortage of rentals available and no need to pay a realtor to find you one.

If you want a big apartment building, you can contact their leasing office directly and they should be able to tell you what units are coming available.

You can also check out It doesn’t pull every listing in existence, but it’s nice that it has decent mapping features.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or