Insulation of converted sleeping porch?

Home Forums Home and Garden Insulation of converted sleeping porch?

Topic: Insulation of converted sleeping porch?

Home and Garden January 10, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Insulation of converted sleeping porch?

Before we bought our rowhouse, the old exterior wall was expanded out to include the sleeping porch. The basement was not dug out, so the hardwood floor on the main floor in the old sleeping porch is significantly colder than the rest of the floor. I presume they put some amount of insulation below the sleeping porch, but I’m wondering if anyone else has the same issue? I knew the floor would be somewhat colder, but I’m surprised at how significant the difference in temperature is.

2 Replies Add Reply

Sleeping Porch is the beautiful thing in the house according to me . bended roof at some angle look so awesome. That portion of house must be full managed and decorated, Then it looks awesome.Interior Designer In Orange County

I highly doubt that the sleeping porch floor is insulated at all. We’re doing a basement dig-out, so that will fix the lack of insulation in our sleeping porch floor. But then we’re going to tear off the existing exterior wall and roof (since neither of those are insulated either) and replace them with a wall and roof up to modern code.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or