Installing a backyard fence–recommendations?

Home Forums Home and Garden Installing a backyard fence–recommendations?

Topic: Installing a backyard fence–recommendations?

Home and Garden January 13, 2014 at 10:09 am

Installing a backyard fence–recommendations?

The backyard of our Columbia Heights rowhouse has a lovely wood fence on one side (thanks to our neighbors) and a standard chain-link fence on the other, as well as 2 chain-link gates at the end of the driveway. We’re hoping to remove the chain-link gates and replace them with wood. Any recommendations for a contractor who is affordable and reliable? Any idea on how much this type of a project costs? Thanks for your help, POPville-ers.

2 Replies Add Reply

I had a god experience with Frederick Fence. They did great work and the price seemed fair. Prices vary widely, depending on the type of fence you want. Just be careful, we removed the chain link fence between our house and the neighbors, as we assumed that it was “ours”, but our neighbor was upset about it and wanted us to have it reinstalled behind our new fence. I recommend clearing it with the neighbors before doing any work.

I CANNOT recommend Long Fence – while their sales guy took a lot of time to answer our questions, the customer service we got after that was just terrible – timing, getting updates, ensuring we got what we wanted, etc. The other quotes we got were all over the place, so I’m afraid I can’t recommend any of the others either. Good luck!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or