Inaugural Ball details

Home Forums General Discussion Inaugural Ball details

Topic: Inaugural Ball details

General Discussion January 9, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Inaugural Ball details

Hi, can anyone who attended the officials balls in 2009 describe the schedule for me? When did you have to start lining up for security and when did you end up leaving the event? I want to make reservations for dinner beforehand but just realized I have no idea when the official inaugural ball starts or when they will release those details.
Has anyone been to the swearing-in ceremony AND an inaugural ball in the same day?

4 Replies Add Reply

I went to both the swearing in ceremony and a ball in 2009. We skipped the parade in favor of naps and hair appointments. We didn’t bother going out to dinner, had a snack at home and then were surprised with a pretty wide food selection at the ball. Doors opened at 7, I think, and we arrived maybe around 7:15. The line pretty long, but I think we were inside within a half hour or so. We stayed pretty late maybe 1am?
Be careful not to arrive too late. Secret Service won’t let anyone in or out of the building while the President is inside. You don’t want to be trapped out side AND miss the big guy. Have fun! 

Thanks ebgb, that’s helpful! I have a followup question for the forum – those of you who lucked into ball tickets, like me, have you gotten any emails from PIC since? I got the confirmation from Ticketmaster but nothing since. Given the flub up, it makes me a little nervous.

ebgb, thanks for your reply! 
With 35000 people attending the ball, I hope I have just as good of a time as you did.
distanceliz, I too have ball tickets but I haven’t gotten any emails from PIC. I’m only finding out details like who’s performing from news sources. 

You’ll get more info soon.  The tickets will be available for pick-up at the Convention Center Will Call windows during the week next week.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or