hotels with nice outside pools for weekend getaway

Home Forums Travel and Transportation hotels with nice outside pools for weekend getaway

Topic: hotels with nice outside pools for weekend getaway

Travel and Transportation April 22, 2013 at 1:34 pm

hotels with nice outside pools for weekend getaway

I’m totally exhausted and am looking for 2-3 nights away from DC in mid-May. I want to sit by a pool and drink gin and tonics and that’s just about all I want to do . Delaware looks nice but don’t see any resort type hotels with pools. Ocean City and Virginia Beach would be ok – but everything seems  kid centric. Are there any recommendations for great hotel pools that don’t cater to kids / families? West Coast I’d be thinking Palm Springs, Huntington Beach or even Vegas – I just don’t know what to do (short of flying out west…)

5 Replies Add Reply

What about that Hyatt resort on the Ches. bay in Cambridge MD? Never been, just offering ideas.

Hyatt Chesapeake has an awesome infinity pool and has some super chill things to do on the resort. You’re very close to St. Michaels and Easton has some good restaurants. Problem is that Hyatt Chesapeake is pretty damn kid-friendly.  We also spent a night at Omni Bedford Springs which is awesome with both an indoor and outdoor pool with a great spa, not as many kids, lot of historic character. Both places were not too pricey, though I used the fed gov’t rate.  Revel in Atlantic City has a very adult friendly pool

I don’t know what your budget is or if you’re open to flying, but have you thought about Miami? Airfares aren’t usually too pricey in mid-May (normally about $200), and there are a ton of great hotel pools, many of which cater to adults and not families with kids. Sadly, I haven’t been to Miami enough to try a variety of hotel pools, but I have been to the pool at The Standard, and it was awesome. If you do a Google search, there seem to be a number of websites that have pictures/descriptions of some of the “best” (which is subjective, obviously, but I think they might be helpful) hotel pools in Miami. 

awesome tips! thank you all… Miami looks super promising, didn’t realize it was sho cheap to fly…

NYC has some killer hotel rooftop pools… The James, Hotel Gansevoort and SOHO House to name a few.  These places do NOT cater to kids.  Mid-May is iffy… but I bet if they are opened they are heated and damn, the veiw would be nice.  If you want a Stay-cation, Donovan House on 14th is a good bet as well.  I know they open the rooftop in May.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or