Home Inspection Recommendation

Home Forums Real Estate Home Inspection Recommendation

Topic: Home Inspection Recommendation

Real Estate September 23, 2012 at 9:19 am

Home Inspection Recommendation

Can anyone recommend a good home inspector? We’re moving forward with the home buying process and the inspector our realtor recommended has some lousy reviews online. Thanks!

6 Replies Add Reply

Alan Beal, with Mid-Atlantic inspections:
Inspected my home and a few friends have used him as well.  Thorough and helpful.

I have quite the opposite opinion of Mid-Atlantic Inspections.  Read my review on Yelp before you go forward with these bozos.

I had a great experience with Andrew Cleary from Mid-Atlantic.  He was very flexible in terms of scheduling, took his time with the inspection, found some non-critical issues that were helpful in negotiating with the seller, and provided a thorough report very quickly.  I also appreciated that he took the time to show me how some of the systems in my new house worked as I otherwise would have had a hard time figuring them out myself (e.g. water shut-offs for interior and exterior plumbing, HVAC cleanout, etc).

I used Cliff Kornegay at Capitol Hill Home Inspection ([email protected]). He was thorogh, resposive, and very friendly. I’d have to say, working with Cliff was a highlight of my homebuying experience. He was also able to do the radon test.

Alan Beal at Mid-Atlantic did mine, and two years on I’ve yet to come across anything he didn’t find in the inital inspection. He was also very helpful at the time of the inspection in telling me ballpark costs to fix what he did find, and I’ve found those estimates to be accurate as well.

I can highly reccomend Merrill Johnson with Butterfield Inspection Service.  He did the inspection on a condo I purchased in Columbia Heights in April and was very thorough, even getting access to the roof of the building, etc., even though I don’t live on the top floor.  He clearly marked everything that needed to be fixed before settlement and provides a very detailed inspection report.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or