HELP! Desparately need advice about installing an outdoor security camera

Home Forums Home and Garden HELP! Desparately need advice about installing an outdoor security camera

Topic: HELP! Desparately need advice about installing an outdoor security camera

Home and Garden November 19, 2012 at 11:35 am

HELP! Desparately need advice about installing an outdoor security camera

Our house in Petworth is being targeted by someone in the neighborhood who has now smeared human feces on our overhead door/gate and left a pile for us to remove 4 separate times, and twice in the last week.  it is disgusting and a serious assault on our emotional wellbeing in our own home.  We want to prosecute this person and need to have a camera installed with a good view just outside our gate.  Would prefer wireless, and it needs recording capability.  I’m somewhat handy, but overall my success with installing wireless technology has been hit or miss.  I’ve searched Amazon for systems, and there are plenty available, but I’m not really confident in my ability to properly install or even select the right equipment.  So I’m seeking ANY advice you might have regarding contractors who do this type of work for not too much money – i.e., we are not in a position to spend thousands on this. 
We have a suspicion about who is doing this but we need evidence.  Thanks in advance,
Beth

3 Replies Add Reply

Hello, our home alarm company is Protect America, and they offer security cameras as an add-on to the alarm service. We’ve been really happy with them. If you already have a house alarm, maybe the alarm company also offers this add-on?

I set up a $400 system (4 wired cameras plus a DVR) on my house, and it has worked great. You need to be a little handy with a drill, etc. to make it work, but it wasn’t too hard. Much better quality than the wireless options. I think I want to set up a company to install these – it seems to come up about every couple of months and honestly doesn’t seem like a huge deal to set up now.
The brand I bought was Aposonic – they seem like higher quality than some of the really cheap-o brands, but without getting into super high end $1,000+ commercial type things.

Can I ask what part of Petworth this is happening in?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or