hair stylist (for a guy)

Home Forums Home and Garden hair stylist (for a guy)

Topic: hair stylist (for a guy)

Home and Garden July 26, 2012 at 11:39 am

hair stylist (for a guy)

My husband is looking for a new hair stylist since the one we both went to at PR decided to become a bartender 🙁  I have yet to find one I really like who is reasonably priced and he is still going to PR but isn’t happy. I don’t want barber recommendations – he needs a stylist. Someone who can deal with rather unruly, wavy hair and make it stylish/edgy. The grooming lounge invariably buzz cuts him (even when he requests to keep the length) so that is out too!

7 Replies Add Reply

check out eastern confederate in mount pleasant. a little on the pricey side ($45 for guys cut)… but they do a great job!

Diego’s Hair on 19th and Q.  first come on Saturdays otherwise a RSVP is recommended.  best haircut in town and the staff is awesome!
They only thing missing there is an espresso machine and cigars.

Christophe at Saint Germain on 7th St. NW does great work.  I highly recommend him.

John Cullen at Salon Loule (18th and Swann) is amazing.  Good price and really fantastic edgy cuts.
you can book appointments here:

Jannah at Parlour on U St is awesome. $45 + tip for a cut, but I’ve gone back for several cuts and each one has been great. I get a lot of compliments, and more importantly, I like the way it looks – and not just on the day I leave the salon.

If you want the Don Draper/Mad Men look go to Jasmine at Salon Cielo in Dupont.

the “DC Lady Barber” is opening The Wise Owl Club (Barber Shop) in September. It’s going to be located at 18th and Florida directly across from Jack Rose. She has master scissor skills and could really hook you up. You could also indulge in a straight razor shave and a hot towel, if you wanted….

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or