Guy Selling Auto Body Repair Services Door to Door?

Home Forums General Discussion Guy Selling Auto Body Repair Services Door to Door?

Topic: Guy Selling Auto Body Repair Services Door to Door?

General Discussion September 6, 2016 at 12:07 pm

Guy Selling Auto Body Repair Services Door to Door?

SLR

I’m curious if this has happened to anyone else, and what was the result: My husband was working in our garage (which opens to an alley), and a guy driving a Mercedes approached him and said he was doing auto body repair work on the spot. The guy asked if we’d like him to repair our car, which has some scratches on the bumpers. He said he had done work for our neighbors, so we went to ask those neighbors how it went (they weren’t home). He left us his contact information and said we wouldn’t pay for the work unless we were satisfied. The trunk to the Mercedes was open while we were talking to him, and it didn’t look like he had much equipment in it.

Has this type of service been offered door-to-door to anyone else? If so, I’m curious to know about your experience.

1 Replies Add Reply

Scam.
Scam.
Scam.

Ask professor Google about parking lot dent repair. These guys sometimes use body putty or sometimes just wax to fill dents and scratches and tell you to let it cure overnight. By then they’re long gone.
They sometimes ask for hundreds of dollars and get it, but will take $50 cash or whatever. They just fill the dent or scratch and the stuff’s not likely to stay in place. And they’re not properly preparing the surface, and not finishing the job, e.g. sanding it nice and smooth and putting primer on it and then painting it.
I’m not a car body repair guy but I could take a $5 can of body putty and do as well as they do, or better.
They target women, especially older women.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or